Formal Recruitment is one of our favorite times of the year. As a member of the Panhellenic Association at the University of Oklahoma, Theta participates in the Formal Recruitment process each August.
We are so excited to meet each and every one of the potential new members participating in Formal Recruitment 2018. Formal Recruitment is such an exciting time in a potential new member's life and we encourage you to soak it all in and have a great time while making lasting friendships and memories.
Are you a Kappa Alpha Theta Alumnae?
Kappa Alpha Theta appreciates the efforts of its members who recommend outstanding young women for membership. The process of identifying qualified potential new members (PNMs) is a responsibility and a privilege that is shared by collegians and alumnae. Therefore, both are welcome and encouraged to write a reference form (also known as a recommendation letter) for qualified PNMs.
You may complete a form if you are an alumna member of the Fraternity in good standing or an active college member of a chapter different than the one that a potential new member is seeking to join.
- To recommend a potential new member, click here to submit the online form. While submitting the online form is the preferred method of Alpha Omicron, we are happy to accept reference forms via mail at the following:
- Kappa Alpha Theta Alpha Omicron
- Attn: Chief Recruitment Officer
- 845 Chautauqua Avenue
- Norman, OK 73069
- Please note: References are no longer required to receive an invitation to membership. However, a reference is still valuable to a college chapter, as it allows us to get to know the PNM on a more personal level prior to the recruitment process. There is no advantage to submitting multiple references. One quality reference per PNM is preferred.
- We encourage all reference forms to be submitted by July 1.
- For further instructions, please visit Kappa Alpha Theta’s Recruitment Alumnae FAQ.
Are you a Potential New Member?
- Formal Recruitment Registration opens May 15
- Click here to register
- Registration closes July 1
- For more information regarding the formal recruitment process, click
- PNM Recruitment Registration Opens: May 15
- PNM Recruitment Registration Closes: July 1
- Formal Recruitment: August 8 – 13
- Bid Day: August 14
- For further inquiries, contact Chief Recruitment Officer, Julia Lopez firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information regarding the Panhellenic Association and Formal Recruitment at the University of Oklahoma, visit Fraternity and Sorority Student Life's website HERE.